Binary Options vs Spread Betting
Binary options are a great alternative to spread betting as they offer numerous advantages which increase your ability to profit in the markets. Binary options eliminate many of the pitfalls commonly experienced when spread betting.
One of the major pitfalls of spread betting is the inability to correctly manage position sizes and stop loss levels. It is of paramount importance to have strict money management rules in place, these rules are often broken. The reason why investors break such fundamental rules is because most cannot stomach a small loss, they second guess their original bet and hope the market will turn in their favour. The culprit of this is the stop loss, this tool causes more problems than any other as the temptation to move a predetermined stop loss is impossible to fight. An investor will commonly move a stop loss further away to avoid an imminent loss, this reduces the level of anxiety in the short term but ultimately can result in a magnified loss. Some investors fail to utilize stop losses at all when spread betting, the result of this is that potential losses are completely unlimited.
Trading binary options at MarketsWorld eliminates this problem which can be the Achilles heel of a spread bettor. With a binary option, the maximum loss is strictly limited to your premium (the cost of your trade); there are no stop loss levels to worry about and second guess. In addition, the market only has to move one pip/tick in your favor for the trade outcome to be net profitable resulting in an industry leading profit of up to 90%. This black and white approach is a major advantage, keeping one's trading strategies simple is said to be the key to success. MarketsWorld puts the binary options trader in control, you determine the level of risk you are willing to take and the profit level is known before the trade is even placed. In contrast, with a spread bet, the profit level and risk of loss is unknown unless a limit level is set, this however is commonly moved resulting in the same complications as the stop loss order.
Other valuable advantages of trading binary options with MarketsWorld are:
- All profits are tax-free under current UK legislation.*
- There are no fees, spreads or commissions.
- Profit when markets are rising or falling.
- Placing a trade takes seconds.
- Trades can be placed with as little as $1 / €1 / £1 up to a maximum of $1,000 / €1,000 / £1,000.
- A free and unlimited demo/practice account is available for demonstration and testing purposes.
- Flexibility, trade when it is convenient for you, once a position is placed there is no need to screen watch for hours at a time because the expiry and profit payout are predetermined.
- Trade indices, forex, commodities, and stocks from a single account.
*Tax laws are subject to change. MarketsWorld is not providing tax advice.
Ready to open an account? Proceed to opening an account.